Are you a highly skilled and motivated Project Manager with a knack for overseeing complex automation projects from inception to completion?
As a Project Manager, you’ll be instrumental in steering the successful delivery of projects that have a significant impact on this business and their clients.
This is your chance to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment alongside a team of professionals who share your passion for achieving greatness.
Why This Company?
A leading provider of bespoke automation solutions that are sold into a diverse range of industries, they take pride in their commitment to delivering cutting-edge solutions that enable their clients to achieve their business objectives. With a growing portfolio of clients (that includes blue chip household names), they have secured some fascinating projects in industries such as Canning, Bottling, Food, and Packaging.
Their success is built on a deep understanding of the industrial automation sector, combined with a customer-focused approach that prioritises exceptional service and building strong relationships. They are proud of their ability to work closely with clients to understand their specific requirements and tailor solutions to meet their needs.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £50K Basic Salary
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Milage Allowance
- WFH Options
- 25 days Holidays + Bank
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Development Opportunities
About The Role
As a hands-on Project Manager, you’ll be reporting to the Directors and your job functions and duties will include:
- Managing and prioritising 4-5 projects concurrently across the UK. There may be rare occasions when support is needed in Europe.
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within scope, and budget.
- Act as the liaison between clients, engineering teams, and overseas partners to ensure seamless communication and project execution.
- Provide technical guidance and solutions to meet client-specific needs in collaboration with the engineering team.
- Efficiently allocate and manage resources, both human and material, to meet project milestones.
- Keep the CRM database updated with accurate project and client information for strategic decision-making.
- Oversee projects from purchase orders through to final implementation and sign-off, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Meet and exceed project KPIs while maintaining a high level of professionalism and ethical conduct.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and market developments to inform project strategies.
You will possess a minimum of 8+ years in automation engineering and 3 years as a project manager commissioning production lines in the FMCG sector (food processing / bottling / packaging equipment).
While academic qualifications in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a Project Management certification would be advantageous, this is not mandatory.
It is crucial, however, that you can read mechanical / electrical engineers drawings, and possess HMI / Scada / PLC programming experience, particularly with Siemens and Allen Bradley equipment.
A self-starter with excellent organisational and communication skills, you’ll be adept at team collaboration and client relationship building.
This role will also require a Full UK Driving License.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 146-2058
Project Manager – Automation
Location: Northwest – Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool
Keywords; Project Management, Automation Management, Project Oversight, Project Manager, Commissioning Engineer, Engineering Management, Factory Automation, Warehouse Automation, Logistics Automation, Production Engineering, Robotics, Conveyor, Control Systems, Materials Handling, PLC Programming, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Project Lead, Automation EngineerApply