Are you a detail-oriented Automation Systems Engineer with a focus on the FMCG industry and a desire to work on groundbreaking projects?
As an Automation Systems Engineer, you’ll be a key player in the development, installation, and commissioning of specialised line control and handling equipment, often working independently to bring projects from concept to completion.
Join a fast-paced, innovative environment where you’ll collaborate with a team of skilled professionals committed to delivering high-quality solutions to a diverse range of industries.
Why This Company?
A leading provider of bespoke automation solutions that are sold into a diverse range of industries, they take pride in their commitment to delivering cutting-edge solutions that enable their clients to achieve their business objectives. With a growing portfolio of clients (that includes blue chip household names), they have secured some fascinating projects in industries such as Canning, Bottling, Food, and Packaging.
Their success is built on a deep understanding of the industrial automation sector, combined with a customer-focused approach that prioritises exceptional service and building strong relationships. They are proud of their ability to work closely with clients to understand their specific requirements and tailor solutions to meet their needs.
Rewards & Benefits
- £40K – £55K Basic Salary
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Milage Allowance
- WFH Options
- 25 days Holidays + Bank
- Annual Pay Reviews
- Development Opportunities
About The Role
As an Automation Engineer, you’ll report to the Directors and your responsibilities will include:
- Design, test, and implement PLC, HMI, and SCADA software based on project requirements.
- Oversee projects from concept to completion, often working alone and unsupervised.
- Independently manage and complete software and program development for specialised line control and handling equipment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including sales and customer service, to ensure client requirements are met and projects are delivered to satisfaction.
- Support other engineers in the build processes both in the workshop and onsite.
- Effectively manage company resources, including equipment, tools, and supplies.
- Provide training to customers’ operations and maintenance staff on the safe and proper use of the equipment.
- Draft and provide supporting documentation such as risk assessments, user requirement specifications, and functional design specifications.
- Travel 50% of the time for installations throughout the UK, Ireland, and occasionally Europe.
You’ll hold a HND or degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field, alongside a minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience as an Automation Engineer programming Siemens or Allen Bradley equipment.
You’ll have a proven track record of successfully commissioning projects, preferably in the FMCG (canning, bottling, food processing, packaging) sector.
Excellent communication skills are a must for this role, as you’ll be interacting with both internal teams and clients.
You must be willing to travel within the UK and Ireland and on occasions within Europe if needed.
This role will also require a Full UK Driving License.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 146-2061
Location: Based anywhere in the Northwest, West Yorkshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire, or surrounding area
Keywords; Automation Engineering, Systems Engineering, PLC Programming, HMI, SCADA, Robotics, TIA Portal, Automation Engineer, Siemens, Allen Bradley, CAD, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Controls Systems, Materials Handling, FMCG