Shifts: 6am-2pm / 1pm-9pm (Mon – Fri) – shifts rotating weekly
My client is a market leading UK manufacturer with a reputation and brand synonymous for quality and reliability.
With continued success and increased international demand they now also export across the globe from the USA to China.
Due to their progressive plan, they now require a talented and ambitious Warehouse Shift Manager to join their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader within their fast paced warehouse function.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading a team of warehouse staff.
- Staff development, motivation, disciplinary and recruitment.
- Attending weekly meetings with the Depot Manager to discuss costs (temp labour, equipment etc.)
- Improving performance of the picking operation across both domestic and export orders.
- Ensuring H&S compliancy.
- Conducting accident investigations.
- Managing any 3rd party contractors on site.
- Working to KPI’s such as pick rates, pick accuracy and reducing stock loss.
- Ensuring the warehouse team is following processes and the new warehouse management systems is being utilised effectively.
- Providing input on process improvement.
- Conducting/attending daily shift hand over briefings.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a Warehouse function.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Be a competent manger with the ability to implement and influence change.
- Be motivated by and possess proven success improving Warehouse performance and efficiency.
- Have past success improving employee views and behaviour towards warehouse processes and working practices.
- Have operated in an environment driven by Continuous Improvement.
Any additional qualifications such as an IOSH or NEBOSH in H&S would be beneficial but not essential.