Location: Milton Keynes
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of specialist engineered solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.
With operations spanning the globe they have developed a fantastic reputation for providing high quality reliable products and outstanding customer service.
They offer a fast paced dynamic working environment which provides regular new challenges.
As part of the Senior Management team you will be responsible for:-
- Working with the UK Managing Director to harmonise and standardise country procedures and polices across all UK sites.
- Travelling on average, twice per month to other UK locations.
- Playing an active hands on role to provide HR support to over 450 UK employees.
- Managing, developing and supporting a team of two HR Business Partners.
- Acting at the Business Partner to the UK Managing Director.
- Operating in a 20% strategic and 80% operational HR role. (likely to change to a 30-40% strategic HR role over the next 24 months)
- Working in collaboration with a newly created overseas HR Service Centre.
- Dealing with more complex employee matters such as grievance, settlement agreements and disciplinary action.
- Working with specialist departments based overseas such as Talent & Learning, Compensation & Benefits to deploy global programs and initiatives in the UK.
- Supporting and coaching Senior Managers and Directors through the HR process.
- Handling UK employment law questions and issues from overseas managers.
- Ensuring the business provide excellent HR processes, strategies and service to attract, retain, develop and motivate the best talent.
- Keeping abreast of employment legislation requirements for UK.
- Managing employee relation issues with a focus on risk mitigation and effective problem resolution.
- Providing recruitment support for senior positions across multiple UK locations.
- Working with the Senior Managers and Directors to develop and implement new HR strategies and initiatives around employee engagement, organisational change, design and business transformation.
- Monitoring and actively encouraging diversity and inclusive behaviour.
- Playing an active role in implementing key, long term strategic programs including those in the area of employee and leadership development, talent readiness, employee engagement, organisational culture and diversity.
The successful candidate will be a hands on strategic and operational HR Manager who has gained 6+ years’ experience supporting over 250 employees within an International business. This could be within a manufacturing or service led organisation.
A degree or CIPD qualification would be beneficial but not essential as would experience working in a matrix structure consisting of both white and blue collar employees.
Any experience using HR software such as Workday or PeopleSoft would be highly beneficial.
Other key skills include:
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel (including formulas).
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable liaising at all levels.
- Willingness to travel to other site locations within the UK.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation.
- Ability to handle pressure, resolve conflict and work within a multicultural, challenging environment.
- Well organised with a great attention to detail.
- Strategic mind set with the ability to challenge existing methods.
- Adaptable and resilient.