Location: Midlands (UK Travel Required)
My client is an industry leading manufacturer and as part of their continued drive towards customer excellence, they now require a Customer Service Manager / Head of Customer Services to develop, drive and implement a UK strategy that will provide a more efficient and effective way of handling customer issues and improving customer satisfaction.
As a Customer Service Manager you will cover the UK and operate across multiple sites spending approximately 1-2 nights away from home per week. Typical duties will include:
- Developing and implementing UK wide customer service policies and procedures, including customer feedback and complaint procedures.
- Taking a lead role in the implementation of a new customer service structure across the UK.
- Managing, motivating and training a team of 30+ direct/indirect employees including Customer Service Agents and Managers, ensuring a consistent and reliable service is received by all customers.
- Introducing new strategies and processes to ensure the business achieves KPI’s such as improving OTIF delivery and reducing customer complaints and customer response times.
- Analysing customer order history and behaviour to enable better future planning.
- Managing customer SLA’s.
- Ensuring the complaint handling process is accurate, timely and providing route cause analysis data.
- Implementing measures to understand customer satisfaction and improve service.
- Investigating and resolving complex and in instances long standing customer issues.
- Analysing customer data and reporting on customer service performance and recommended actions.
- Implementing and monitoring performance metrics for the team.
- Introducing innovative ways for the team to take a more proactive approach to enhancing customer engagement.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Customer Service Manager within a fast paced manufacturing business and be comfortable travelling across the UK.
It is essential all candidates have managed a large team of 15+ staff and have proven success implementing change within a customer service environment.
A degree or MBA would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
Other key skills required include:-
- Ability to work under pressure within challenging situations.
- A drive for total customer satisfaction.
- Ability to operate autonomously and drive change projects through to completion.
- Leadership and man-management skills.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Hold a Full UK Driving License.