Location: North Yorkshire
Hours: Mon – Fri (7am till 5pm)
- A highly successful industry leader with a multimillion pound turnover.
- Fantastic staff retention rate due to their excellent working environment.
- A proactive organisation who are expanding year on year.
As a Transport Planner / Coordinator / Clerk you will report to the Transport Manager and be involved with a diverse range of duties which include,
- Spending approximately 70% of your time planning for a mixed fleet of vehicles.
- Effectively scheduling deliveries to customers including both end users and stores.
- Arranging back hauls where possible.
- Issuing loads and plans to the drivers daily.
- Debriefing drivers and ensuring they complete their daily vehicle checks and defect reports.
- Checking tachographs and handling driver issues.
- Updating customers regarding any delivery issues in a prompt and professional manner.
- Liaising with 3rd party hauliers when required.
- Liaising and collaborating with other internal functions including the vehicle workshop, manufacturing and warehousing.
- Ensuring vehicles are available for routine maintenance and repair.
- Conducting investigations into delivery errors and vehicle incidents.
- Working with the Transport Manager to identify driver training and development needs.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working as a Transport Planner / Scheduler, Transport Clerk or Transport Coordinator.
- Possess an understanding of Drivers Hours and WTD.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to engage with Drivers and challenge them if needed.
- Be a confident decision maker who is comfortable operating autonomously in the Transport Mangers absence.
- Be IT literate and be comfortable using systems and software.
- Possess a good level of numeracy.
- Have a driven and proactive approach.
- Be motivated by improving transport performance and efficiency.