Location: Avon – Bristol, Bath or surrounding
My client are recognised as an expert within their field. They are a highly successful and market leading road haulage business with a passion for transport efficiency and performance.
Responsibilities will include:
- The management, development and coaching of a transport team, including Drivers, Traffic Planners and Transport Administrators.
- Ensuring the operation and fleet remains compliant and meets industry standards.
- Ensuring vehicle servicing, repairs and maintenance are carried out in line with the schedule.
- Reviewing vehicle telematics data to highlight driver development needs.
- Ensuring transport KPI’s are achieved, including but not limited to vehicle utilisation, MPG, drops per day, damage etc.
- Investigating vehicle accidents and incidents.
- Conducting site risk assessments when required.
- Ensuring all vehicle defects are recorded and rectified.
- Driving a Health & Safety culture across the business.
- Minimising the use of 3rd party haulage and agency staff.
- Ensuring the transport function operates to budget – fuel, labour, servicing etc.
The successful candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of transport compliance and hold a National or International CPC, along with proven success managing a busy Transport operation.
It is essential you have managed a mixed fleet of HGV/LGV’s and are comfortable operating within a target driven environment.
We are looking for personable, hands on managers with the ability to lead, motivate and get the best from the Drivers. You must have past experience working in a target driven organisation and be able to demonstrate the impact you have had on Transport performance.
A formal H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be highly beneficial but not essential.