Location: Commutable from Bath or surrounding
COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader within their fast paced and expanding transport department.
Operating within a highly successful business, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading a team of transport staff including Drivers and Planners.
- Ensuring full legal compliance with the Operators License, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Performance managing all drivers to achieve their KPI’s.
- Agreeing the transport budget with the Logistics Manager, ensuring the budget is achieved on a monthly basis.
- Negotiating and agreeing all third party haulage contracts including costs and working arrangements.
- Manage and develop the transport planning team to fully meet customers needs.
- Effectively resolving any transport issues arising from customers, drivers or third parties to a satisfactory outcome.
- Analysing vehicle telematics data and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Working with the Driver Trainer to monitor individual driver performance and develop a corrective training plan for drivers that do not adhere to legislation or achieve VOSA standards.
- Ensuring the transport fleet meet business KPI’s which include: kilometres per litre, loads per day, loads per vehicle, third party usage, vehicle utilisation, drivers’ hours and vehicles off road.
- Ensuring you promote a safety first culture.
- Managing drivers’ hours and tachographs to EC regulations.
- Ensuring drivers complete their daily checks before leaving the site and that all vehicle defects are recorded and rectified.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Hold a managers CPC (National or International).
- Possess a minimum of 3 years experience managing a transport team and have direct involvement with the management of Drivers.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Be a competent manger with the ability to implement change and boost team morale.
- Possess a good level of transport compliance knowledge.
- Have experience of disciplinary hearings and procedures.
- Be motivated by improving transport performance and efficiency.
An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be highly advantageous, but not essential.