Location: Covering Midlands, Yorkshire, North West
Fantastic training and induction program
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged and technically challenged, then this is the opportunity for you.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first class customer service and support to my client’s customer base across the assigned territory.
The role will involve an average of 2-3 nights away from home per month.
Other duties will include: –
- Working closely with the Regional Sales Manager to provide both pre and post sales customer support.
- Managing your own diary.
- Attending client’s site on a regular basis to conduct equipment demonstrations (hardware & software) and presentations.
- Predominantly working with the academic sector, visiting universities.
- Following the installation of the equipment on site, it would be your responsibility to provide user training to groups of up to 5-10 people at varying levels of experience.
- Providing ongoing customer support and refresher training.
- Developing a high level of technical expertise within your assigned product category.
- Supporting customers to gain funding.
The successful candidate will have a passion for microscope technology and keen to learn how certain systems are suited to particular applications. Candidates must be educated to a minimum of degree level within a life science discipline.
A MSc or PhD within Biosciences or Life Science would be highly desirable but not essential.
Should candidates not possess an MSc / PhD, but hold a degree, then a minimum of 2 years work experience within a lab environment using and training others on microscopes is essential.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Full UK driving Licence
- Willingness to learn.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Microscopy, Microscopes, Subject Matter Expert, Equipment Demonstrations, Microscope Training, User / Operator Training, Life Science, Biology, Biomedical Science, Optics, Electron Microscopes, SEM, TEM, Cell Imaging, Cell Analysis, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Live Cell, Biophysics, Biosciences