Are you a well-educated technical sales professional with a passion for Fibre Optic technology and a desire to work for a world leader?
Why This Company?
A global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of photonics technology for a wide range of OEM applications.
They offer a complete range of solutions to meet the high demands of the industry. They pride themselves on their detailed attention to their customers’ needs and dedication to the highest standards of performance and quality.
About The Role
As the UK Technical Sales Lead for my clients Fibre Optic Technology, and with the support of a back-office team, you will be responsible for:
- Operating in a national role, focusing on securing sales of my client components to industrial OEMs (module builders) with a typical order value of up to £150K.
- Visiting customers (usually 4-6 visits per month) in person and also conducting virtual meetings.
- Working toward annual sales objectives.
- Building relationships with Design Engineers, Buyers and Technical Managers to understand their requirements and application challenges.
- Maintaining your own customer base, which can include both existing and new accounts.
- Working on projects requiring 90% customised solutions and 10% standard product.
- Handling both incoming inquiries and activity hunting for specific projects that would utilise my client’s technology.
- Supporting premium OEMs across a variety of sectors including but not limited to Oil/Gas, Satellite Communications, Medical, Quantum Computing, Automotive and Aerospace.
- Promoting products at conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
You will be based in the UK and possess a minimum degree level education in Physics, Optoelectronics or affiliated. A Masters or PhD would be preferred.
Candidates will possess proven experience as a Technical Sales Specialist / Technical Sales Manager / Sales Engineer within Optical Components, Fibre Optics, Spectroscopy, Laser Diodes, Photonics, IR, Infrared Detectors or affiliated.
You must enjoy autonomous working and be comfortable planning your own diary and travel.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 143-5938
Technical Sales Manager – Fibre Optics / Photonics
Keywords: Sales Specialist, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Technical Sales, Sales Engineer, Scientific Sales, Sales Manager, Regional Sales, Territory Sales, Applications Engineer, Applications Scientist, Physics, Metrology, Optical Measurement, Hyperspectral Imaging, Spectroscopy, Spectrometry, Optoelectronics, Infrared, Fibre Optic, Fibre Optics, Laser, Photonics, Optics.