Technical Sales / Account Manager – Microscopy (PhD / MSc)
Job Ref: 140-1435
Location: Based in Yorkshire
Fantastic training and induction program
This is a consultative approach, not a high-pressure sales role.
My client is a global manufacturer of optical analysis equipment and has pushed the boundaries of technology enabling a high level of accuracy in a number of critical applications. Recognised as an industry leader with fantastic career development opportunities they have become the employer of choice within the sector.
If you are looking for a company that will provide you with unrivalled training along with an environment that ensures you remain engaged, then this is the opportunity for you.
This position will require the successful candidate to provide first-class customer service and support to my client’s customer base across the assigned territory.
The role will involve an average of 2-3 nights away from home per month.
Other duties will include:
- Working from a home office, spending approximately 4 days per week out with customers and 1 day from home.
- Selling my client’s full range of microscope technology.
- Building lasting long-term relationships with universities across the region.
- Operating in an 80% existing and 20% new client generation role.
- Understanding clients’ pain points and providing microscopy solutions which meet the customer’s application and needs.
- Managing a territory which currently generates £1m pa.
- Understanding key applications (typically live cell imaging).
The successful candidate will have a passion for microscope technology and be keen to learn how certain systems are suited to particular applications. Candidates must be educated to MSc or PhD level, within Biosciences, Life Science, Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering or affiliated.
Any experience working within a lab or sales environment would be beneficial but not essential.
Candidates must have an excellent work ethic and the ability to operate autonomously.
Other key skills include:
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Willingness to learn.
- Well-organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Microscopy, Microscopes, Subject Matter Expert, Life Science, Biology, Biomedical Science, Optics, Electron Microscopes, SEM, TEM, Cell Imaging, Cell Analysis, Biotechnology, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, Biological Sciences, Live Cell, Biophysics, Biosciences, Account Manager, Account Management, Technical Sales, Scientific Sales, Area Sales, Territory Sales