Are you Chemistry Graduate with a passion for technical sales?
This specialist supplier is searching for a talented Chemistry Graduate who has 1 to 3 years of work experience in either a sales or customer-facing role to enhance their grip in the Northwest.
Why This Company?
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemical products, this company has a great reputation in the field and works alongside some of the UK’s biggest brands.
An industry innovator, they have continually expanded their product range to provide high-specification products that meet the demands of the industry.
Renowned in the Chemical sector for developing recent Graduates into expert sales professionals, this is a brilliant opportunity to start a long-term career in an exciting and ever-changing field.
About The Role
As the Area Sales Manager, you will be operating from home and be responsible for covering the Northwest and parts of Yorkshire.
You will spend 2-3 days in the field visiting customers and the remaining days working from home for administration and virtual meetings.
Predominantly an Account Management position, your main focus will be to manage and upsell to existing clients, whilst also having the commercial nous to spot new opportunities within the region.
You will be responsible for:
- Selling a wide range of industrial Biocides into different markets.
- To liaise with the Sales Manager and agree upon a sales forecast and action plan for each customer within the area.
- Developing relationships with the technical decision-makers of each customer.
- Being the focal contact for customers from first contact to final delivery, as well as possibly coordinating technical input from the relevant in-house departments.
- Ensuring your customers are well informed and kept up to date with new product developments, regulatory information, and technical literature.
- Carrying out technical trials and audits on customer premises when required.
- Responsible for a multi-million-pound area turnover.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity & attending virtual sales meetings.
Full product training is provided.
It is essential that you have a degree in Chemistry / Microbiology or a closely related discipline. You must also have at least 1 year’s work experience, preferably in a sales or customer-facing role.
To be successful you need to have a strong understanding of chemistry to relay technical information to customers, whilst having a confident and personable personality to build and maintain relationships with various decision-makers.
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious, energetic, and proactive individual who is motivated to achieve the best results.
A full UK Driving License is essential. Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Eagar to learn and develop your skills.
- Be well-presented and confident with good oral and written communication skills.
- Logical thinking.
We appreciate that you may not possess experience across all areas, so don’t be discouraged by the role if you can’t do everything we’re asking for.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 140-1217
Technical Account Manager – Chemistry Graduate
Location: Home Based covering the Northwest.
Keywords: Sales, Customer Service, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, New Business, Field Sales, Chemical Sales, Biocide Sales, Chemicals, Biocides, Chemistry, Microbiology, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Chem, Degree, Bachelors, BSc, B.Sc, B.S.c, BSci, B.Sci, BBiol, B.Biol, BRes, B.Res, BChem, B.Chem, BBiochem, B.Biochem, BPharm, B.Pharm, Masters, Master of Science, Master in science, Master Degree, MSc, M.Sc, M.S.c, MSci, M.Sci, MBiol, M.Biol, MRes, M.Res, M.Chem, MChem, MBiochem, M.Biochem, MPharm, M.Pharm, University, Graduated, Advanced Chemistry, Practical Chemistry