Are you a Scientific Graduate who feels they have more to offer than just working in a lab? Enjoy customer interaction and have a passion for technical sales?
This specialist supplier is searching for a talented Technical Sales / Applications Specialist / Account Manager to help maintain and enhance their customer base in the North.
THIS IS NOT A HIGH-PRESSURE SALES ROLE, MORE OF A CONSULTATIVE TECHNICAL APPROACH IS NEEDED.
Why This Company?
One of the world’s leading manufacturers of chemical products, this company has a great reputation in the field and works alongside some of the UK’s biggest brands.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work for an industry innovator that has continually expanded its product range to provide high-specification chemicals that meet the demands of major manufacturers.
Rewards & Benefits
- £30K – £40K Basic (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Company Car (multiple options).
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution.
- 23 Days Holiday + Public Holidays (increasing to 32 with time-served)
- Family Healthcare
- 4 x Life Assurance
About The Role
Following the completion of your training program, as the Technical Account Manager for biocides you will be operating from a home office and be responsible for covering the Northern Territory (with a focus on the Northwest and Yorkshire area).
You will spend 3 days in the field visiting customers and the remaining days working from home for administration and virtual meetings.
You will manage and upsell to existing clients (75%) whilst also developing new business (25%) within the region. You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and developing a current customer base of over 200 accounts.
- Selling a wide range of industrial Biocides into different markets.
- To liaise with the Sales Manager and agree upon a sales forecast and action plan for each customer within the area.
- Developing relationships with the technical decision-makers of each customer (Chemists, Technical Managers etc.)
- Being the focal contact for customers from first contact to final delivery, as well as possibly coordinating technical input from the relevant in-house departments.
- Ensuring your customers are well informed and kept up to date with new product developments, regulatory information, and technical literature.
- Carrying out technical trials and audits on customer premises when required.
- Responsible for a multi-million-pound area turnover.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date CRM.
- Reporting on activity and attending virtual sales meetings.
It is essential that you have a degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or a closely related scientific discipline. You must also have at least 1 year of work experience within a role that involves customer interaction. (Please ensure this is evident on the CV).
To be successful in this position, you need to be comfortable building and maintaining relationships with various decision-makers, whilst also having the maturity to work on your initiative and set your own targets/goals.
Our client is looking for an individual who wishes to take the next step in their career. To fit this profile, you will be an ambitious, energetic, and proactive individual who is motivated to achieve the best results.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Competent use of Microsoft Office, Outlook & CRM.
- Eagar to learn and develop your skills.
- Be well-presented and confident with good oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to solve problems.
Please note sponsorship is not offered.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 149-2482
Technical Account Manager – Chemicals
Location: Home Based covering the North (Must be based in the Northwest)
Keywords: Graduate Sales, Chemistry Graduate, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Field Sales, External Sales, Chemical Sales, Biocide Sales, Chemicals, Biocides, Chemistry, Microbiology