£18K – £28K Basic + Training + Bonus + Pension + 20 Days Holiday + Public Holidays
My client are an award winning Civil/Structural consultancy operating in several markets nationally. They are an SME with a small, close knit team, who really punch above their weight when it comes to the projects they work on. They are currently involved in some of the most prestigious projects in the UK, with a variety of current live projects including Residential, Sports & Leisure and Retail.
If you are looking to work for a well-established, award winning organisation, with a genuine opportunity to develop and progress through your career, then please apply.
This position will involve a variety of design work, with a strong focus on the design and modelling of steel and reinforced concrete for building structures.
Other duties will include: –
- Use of Tekla/AutoCAD to design and model projects
- Prepare detailed drawings of Buildings and Structures
- Create models, for various projects, from original drawings
- Coordinating design with other services
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, other coordinators, contractors and the engineering team
- Delivering full BIM coordination, working to BIM level 2 standards
The successful candidate will have a passion for Civil/Structural design and Digital Engineering as well as BIM standards and processes. You will also be attentive, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a Civil/Structural Technician role
- Proficient in the use of Tekla (not essential, training offered for the right candidates)
- Experience in leading projects (desired, not essential)
- Experience with structural steel or reinforced concrete (essential)
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: BIM, Design Technician, CAD, Tekla, Building Structures, Building Information Modelling, 3D Design, Coordination, Steel, Concrete, Reinforced concrete, Structural Steel, Structures, Structural, Civil