This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global leader who is driven by continuous improvement and operational efficiency. As a leading manufacturer in their industry they offer a fast paced and dynamic working environment that provides regular new challenges.
Managing the manufacturing site, you will be responsible for:
- Creating the business plan (including maintenance and capital spend) and ensuring all departments understand the objectives and tasks to be achieved.
- Agreeing a maintenance plan to ensure the site meets company standards.
- Managing the site inventory to ensure minimum use of working capital.
- Driving continuous improvement of KPI’s including Cost, Energy Usage, Environmental, H&S, Quality and OTIF.
- Effectively planning raw materials so production isn’t affected by stock constraints.
- Producing a manufacturing forecast against the business plan and recommending any changes in strategy to the Directors.
- Managing expenses and operational cost in line with the annual budget.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction KPI’s are delivered to at least cost.
- Achieving EBITDA targets.
- Building a strong and capable site team that works effectively and safely.
- Ensuring planning, customer service, logistics and manufacturing are operating in harmony and focused towards the same goal.
- Continually monitoring levels of absence and addressing any problems as necessary.
- Introducing OEE and 5s within the site.
- Working with the Directors to produce a strategy and policies to minimise costs and comply with legal requirements for manufacturing.
- Ensuring the site operates to all current legislation and company procedures including Health & Safety, the environment and trading standards.
- Managing, motivating and developing the team to achieve their personal development plans.
- Developing a succession plan to identify key personnel for promotion.
- Ensuring you promote a safety first culture.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Site Operations Manager, Factory Manager, Plant Manager or equivalent within a manufacturing business.
It is essential all candidates possess past experience implementing Continuous Improvement tools/techniques (5S, Lean etc.) and are able to take ownership and challenge issues head on.
Other key skills required include:-
- Experience managing a budget on a monthly basis.
- Ability to operate autonomously and have a hands-on approach to management.
- Ability to demonstrate the measurable benefits you have had on the businesses you have worked for.
- Excellent people management, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- IT literate and a good level of numeracy.
- Hold a Full UK Driving License.
An IOSH / NEBOSH Health & Safety qualification would be advantageous as would a degree within business or an engineering discipline.