Looking for an environment where you can learn and develop?
Want to play a key role in a financially stable business that put employee wellbeing first?
Why This Company?
With a rich history in their sector, they have become recognised for their quality, expertise and aftercare services.
Part of a larger multimillion-pound group with manufacturing sites across the globe, they have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable equipment to the market.
Their professional engineering environment offers autonomy, development, and a fantastic working environment which has led to a high retention rate of staff.
About The Role
As the UK Service Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing a team of 5 office-based support staff and 15 field service engineers across the UK who are responsible for equipment installs, repairs, fault finding, customer training (install, diagnosis & product training)
- Maintaining performance standards within the Service department
- Operating in a 50% hands-on and 50% managerial role with a drive for it to transition to a 70% managerial and 30% hands-on role
- Ensuring delivery to service KPIs such as the utilisation of engineers, visits per day, first-time fix rates etc.
- Visiting customers to identify their service needs and developing propositions to assist in driving service sales performance (currently generating £1.3m through service sales – parts, repairs, training)
- Supporting the development of a service eCommerce platform allowing customers to purchase standard parts and spares online
- Covering the work of staff members in sickness / absence
- Hands-on duties within the department could include scheduling engineers visits, organising customer training, utilising scheduling software, processing service sales orders, pricing service work, handling customer complaints/issues etc.
You will have gained Service Management / Leadership experience overseeing a large team of field-based engineers (10+), this will be within a technical industry (ideally mechanically biased).
An engineering education or previous work experience as an Engineer would be highly beneficial but not essential.
Other key skills include:
- Computer literate and comfortable using Excel, CRM and scheduling systems
- Willingness to spend time in the field with the engineers as part of your training
- Strong character with great relationship development and influencing skills
- Great organisation, prioritisation and attention to detail
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 126-0406
Keywords: Service Manager, Service Supervisor, Service Team Leader, Field Service Manager, Field Service Engineering Manager, Service Operations Manager, UK Service Manager