Do you have a passion for technology and creating a culture of motivation, autonomy, and development?
This specialist global scientific equipment manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded and credible service manager with exceptional leadership skills and proven experience working in high-value complex scientific equipment.
Why This Company?
This leading analytical instrument provider has seen continued growth and now wishes to further bolster its UK service team.
Recognised for service delivery and offering some of the industry’s most advanced benchtop and floor-standing equipment, they pride themselves on their detailed attention to their customers’ needs and dedication to the highest standards of performance and quality.
About The Role
As the UK Service Manager you will work in a hybrid capacity and be responsible for:
- Managing, developing, and motivating a team of up to 10 Engineers, ensuring the installation, maintenance, and repairs of equipment are carried out within the time frames and standards agreed upon.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction objectives and SLAs are achieved.
- Travelling to my client’s other European sites for training, management meetings (although most are virtual nowadays) etc.
- Recruitment, onboarding, training, appraisals, performance reviews, and support of your team.
- Ensuring the service departments meet and exceed service KPIs.
- Involved with setting the annual service budget and goals alongside your manager.
- Completing twice-yearly progress reviews.
- Creating a great team culture of togetherness, ensuring all team members are pulling in the same direction.
- Ensuring the team is updated on new products and technology.
- Coaching more junior engineers.
The successful candidate must possess a minimum of 3+ years’ Service Management experience within the high-value complex scientific equipment market.
Demonstratable experience driving team collaboration, motivation and development within an engineering team is important, as is longevity and a solid track record of success within leadership roles.
Ideally, candidates will have come from a hands-on engineering role prior to their career in Service Management, however, my client is also open to considering a competent Service Manager who transitioned from an earlier career within areas such as operations management, production management, general management etc.
An Engineering or hard Science education is highly beneficial, but not essential.
A UK driving license is needed, as is the right to work in the UK. My client doesn’t offer sponsorship.
All candidates must be willing to travel and spend time away from home when needed.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 147-3364
Service Manager – Scientific Equipment
Keywords: Service Manager, Service Team Lead, Engineering Manager, Technical Manager, Maintenance Manager, Service Engineering Manager, Service Engineer, Field Service Manager, Service Engineering, Service Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic, Physics, Chemistry, Metrology, Material Science, Microscopy, Imaging, 3D XRAY, XRD, XRF, Nanotechnology, Nanopositioning, Materials Characterisation, Electron Microscopy, Scanning Electron Microscope, SEM, TEM, Transmission Electron Microscope, MicroCT, 3D XRay Imaging, Particle Analysis, Laser Deposition, Sputter Coaters, Scientific Instruments, Analytical Instruments