Do you enjoy the practical hands-on elements of engineering and have the desire to work on industry-leading, highly complex equipment?
Ready for your calling? This specialist technology manufacturer is searching for a well-rounded Service Engineer / Technical Support Engineer to join their team. (Equipment training provided).
Why This Company?
A global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of analytical instruments for a wide range of applications.
Recognised as an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide solutions that meet the high demands of academia and industry and pride themselves on the detailed attention to their customers’ needs and dedication to the highest standards of performance and quality.
About The Role
As a Service Engineer, you will spend 80-90% of your time covering the UK and be responsible for:
- Occasional trips overseas to support the international service team when needed (10-20%).
- Operating from a home office and attending one customer site per week (due to the complex nature of the equipment and the potential travel time you could typically travel to the customer on Monday, spend Tuesday on-site and travel home on Wednesday, spending the remainder of the week working from home. Any travel is conducted Mon-Fri and therefore doesn’t encroach onto the weekends.
- Attending customer sites to complete new equipment installations, commissioning and user training (some of the most advanced equipment can take up to 3 days to complete an installation).
- Visiting major industry and academia clients (universities) across the UK, with one of their major customers being in the Northwest.
- Liaise with customers in order to schedule the service visit.
- Decommissioning equipment for site relocations.
- Conducting routine service and calibration work, alongside more reactive maintenance, including fault finding and problem resolution.
- Working on equipment including both hardware and software ranging from £70K to £1m in value.
- Completing service report visits.
- Utilising an internal service engineering forum to gain support and input from other engineers on challenging issues.
You will hold a minimum degree level education although a Masters or PhD would be highly beneficial.
The successful candidate will possess at least 2-3 years of service engineering experience, gained working on complex equipment, which could include but not limited to, Analytical Instruments, Optical Microscopes, Laser Deposition, Photonics, Sample Preparation, Electron Microscopes, Spectrometers, Motion Control Technology, X-Ray Systems, MRI Scanners, Particle Accelerators, Particle Analysis machines or similar.
It is essential you have a logical and methodical approach to fault finding and be comfortable spending up to 50% of your time away from home.
A UK driving license is essential, as is the right to work in the UK. My client doesn’t offer sponsorship.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 138-8085
Service Engineer – Analytical Instruments
Location: Based in the Northwest, Yorkshire or Midlands (Travel required)
Keywords: Service Engineer, Field Engineer, Senior Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, Support Specialist, Technical Specialist, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic, Physics, Chemistry, Metrology, Material Science, Robotics, Motion Control, Laser Technology, X-Ray Equipment, Electron Microscopy, Analytical Instruments, Particle Analysis, Magnetics, Electrical Discharge, Photonics, Spectroscopy, Spectrometry, MRI Scanners, Optical Microscopes