Do you enjoy the practical hands-on elements of engineering and have the desire to work on industry-leading highly complex equipment?
Ready for your calling? This specialist technology provider is searching for a well-rounded Service Engineer to join their team. (Equipment training and certification provided).
Why This Company?
This leading analytical instrument provider has seen 35% growth over the past 5 years and now wishes to further bolster its UK service team.
Recognised for service delivery and offering some of the industry’s most advanced benchtop equipment, they pride themselves on their detailed attention to their customers’ needs and dedication to the highest standards of performance and quality.
About The Role
As a Service Engineer, you will work from a home office and spend 80-90% of your time covering the UK / Ireland and be responsible for:
- Occasional trips to support the European service team when needed. (1 trip per quarter).
- Due to the complex nature of the equipment and the potential travel time, you will typically attend 2-3 customer sites per week. Any travel is conducted Mon-Fri and therefore doesn’t encroach onto the weekends.
- Operating from a home office and visiting customers to complete new equipment installations, commissioning and user training. Some of the most advanced equipment can take up to 2 days to complete an installation and also 2 days for planned preventative maintenance.
- Visiting major industry and academia clients (universities).
- Liaising with customers directly to schedule the service visit.
- Decommissioning equipment for site relocations.
- Conducting routine service and calibration work, alongside more reactive maintenance, including fault finding and problem resolution.
- Working on equipment including both hardware and software ranging from £100K to £800K in value.
- Completing service report visits.
- Handling service tickets, gaining the equipment log file and using TeamViewer where possible to gain remote access to their equipment.
- On the rare occasion, you aren’t able to resolve the issue on the customer site, you will organise for the equipment to be sent to my clients’ service centre (Northwest) and attend to do further investigation.
The successful candidate will possess at least 2-3 years of service engineering experience, gained working on complex equipment, which could include but not limited to, Analytical Instruments, Optical Microscopes, Laser Deposition, Photonics, Sample Preparation, Electron Microscopes, Spectrometers, Motion Control Technology, X-Ray Systems, MRI Scanners, Particle Accelerators, Particle Analysis machines or similar.
A degree level education or above is beneficial, but not essential.
It is however essential you have a logical and methodical approach to fault finding and be comfortable spending up to 40% of your time away from home.
A UK driving license is essential, as is the right to work in the UK. My client doesn’t offer sponsorship.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 144-2102
Service Engineer – Analytical Instruments
Location: Based in the Northwest or West Midlands (UK / Ireland travel required)
Keywords: Service Engineer, Field Engineer, Senior Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Installation Engineer, Support Specialist, Technical Specialist, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic, Physics, Chemistry, Metrology, Material Science, Robotics, Motion Control, Laser Technology, X-Ray Equipment, Electron Microscopy, SEM, TEM, Analytical Instruments, Particle Analysis, Magnetics, Electrical Discharge, Photonics, Spectroscopy, Spectrometry, MRI Scanners, Optical Microscopes.