With advanced manufacturing facilities complying with quality and environmental standards, my client has become a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of high quality engineered products for the UK and International market.
As a Senior Production Planner you will be responsible for:
- Coordinating production requirements.
- Creating production plans.
- Calculating accurate order completion dates by factoring in materials supply and production capacity.
- Identifying and resolving any production or material constraints which could impact on customers’ orders.
- Liaising with Purchasing to chase up any shortages in materials.
- Attending regular production meetings.
- Providing internal customers with updates on the progress of their order.
- Effectively managing the material flow to meet customer demands.
- Working closely with the sales and production team to prioritise urgent orders.
- Checking and controlling the daily output using the MRP (Materials Requirements Planning) system.
- Converting planned requirements into production orders.
- Maintaining daily KPI’s.
- Managing change or cancellation of production orders.
- Managing unscheduled production requirements.
- Providing leadership and guidance to new members of the team.
The successful candidate MUST have proven experience within a Manufacturing environment and possess a minimum of 2 years exposure within Production / Capacity / Raw Materials Planning.
Along with the above you must be a clear communicator, able to work under pressure, I.T literate, methodical in your approach and be comfortable working within a project based manufacturing environment.
Previous experience using SAP would be highly beneficial but not essential, as would prior experience operating in the mechanical, electrical or electronic engineering industry.