My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of specialist solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.
With operations spanning the globe they have developed a fantastic reputation for providing high quality reliable products and outstanding customer service.
They offer a fast paced dynamic working environment which provides regular new challenges.
Reporting to the overseas Global HR function you will be responsible for:-
- Managing, developing and supporting a Human Resource Coordinator, with dotted line responsibility of five country managers.
- Dealing with more complex employee matters such as grievance and disciplinary action.
- Working with the Senior Managers and Directors throughout Europe to develop and implement new HR strategies and initiatives around employee engagement, organisational change, design and business transformation.
- The smooth transition of any future business acquisitions.
- Ensuring managers prioritise employee training and development and that they understand the close connection between staff development and business performance.
- Providing recruitment support for senior positions across all European locations.
- Conducting salary and bonus benchmarking activities.
- Handling employment law questions and issues from the local country managers.
- Handling and providing guidance on European tribunal cases, employee relation issues, leavers, retirements and redundancies.
- Issuing employment contracts, submitting paperwork to global HR and producing business reports.
- Creating business plans for the divisional heads, such as the cost to hire and the cost to make redundancies etc.
- Controlling approval forms and processes.
- Developing a European headcount budget by closely liaising with local managers.
- Creating the European HR budget including training, legal fees etc.
- Keeping abreast of employment legislation requirements for Europe.
- Ensuring all HR matters are dealt with in a timely manner and according to local employment law.
- Providing strategic support and advice to the senior management team.
The successful candidate will be a hands on HR Manager who has gained 4+ years’ experience within a European / International business. This could be within a manufacturing or service led organisation.
It is essential candidates are educated to degree level within HR, Business Administration, Economics, Legal or an affiliated discipline and have the ability to influence and gain respect from key internal stakeholders.
Additional European languages would be beneficial but not essential as would French or German employment law experience.
Other key skills include:
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel (including formulas).
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable liaising at all levels.
- Willingness to travel internationally if and when required. (once per year)
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation.
- Ability to handle pressure, resolve conflict and work within a multicultural, challenging organisation.
- Well organised with a great attention to detail.