Job Ref: 113-7616
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
£35K – £45K Basic + Pension + Holidays (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Company bonus (based on company performance) + Benefits
My client is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients worldwide.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the procurement team where you will be tasked with managing existing Buyers, workload and processes. In addition, you will be responsible of procuring materials, components and services which are used to manufacture and install electrical engineering products supplied to a variety of well-known brands across the globe.
Other duties will include:
- Purchase materials, components and services in accordance with cost, quality and delivery targets
- Manage and motivate a team of 3 procurement staff
- Add knowledge and experience to the existing team, improve on existing processes and implement new, effective ideas
- Meet with suppliers and build relationships, asses their performance and liaise with new suppliers where needed
- Be focused on cost reduction, negotiate with existing suppliers to improve terms of business
- Be proactive, offering solutions and ideas across the business
- Provide cover for the Procurement Manager in times of absence
- Liaise with Design and Production teams and conduct research to source the best products and alternatives
The successful candidate will have sound knowledge and experience of working in a purchasing department, ideally within a Technical / Engineering environment. You will have worked in a Senior or Lead role where you have managed other team members.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Experienced in purchasing technical / engineering materials and/or components – beneficial
- MCIPS is beneficial but not essential
- Have a thorough understanding of the purchasing process and procedures
- Proficient in the use of an ERP system such as SAP
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Computer literate with an ability to use Excel
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Buying, Buyer, Purchase, Purchasing, Procurement, Components, Materials, Engineering, Manufacturing, Manufacture, Electrical Engineering, Sheet Metal, Aluminium, MCIPS, ERP, SAP, Negotiation