My client is a reputable, well established Civil/Structural engineering consultancy based close to Manchester Airport. The business launched over 40 years ago and has since made a real name for itself having offered design and engineering solutions to a variety of businesses across sectors such as Commercial and Industrial.
With a consistent workflow and further projects recently awarded, my client is going from strength to strength and have grown steadily over the past few years. They are now looking to make a key appointment to their Senior Management Team by appointing a Chartered Engineer to join the team as a Senior Associate Director.
If you are Chartered with wither the ICE or IStructE and are looking to take your career to the next level with a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position comes with the opportunity to quickly progress to Director level, earning a profit share and ultimately working towards owning the business in the future. This is very much part of the MD’s exit plan and is a key appointment for a well-established business.
You will take a hands-on approach to managing the business and a team of Engineers, Technicians and Admin staff. You will be involved in a variety of project work within the Civil / Structural industry with an initial focus on a large mixed-use development. The role will also involve some travel to sites across the UK (typically only once/twice a month).
Other duties will include: –
- Designing a variety of civil / structural schemes.
- Producing calculations both by hand and using software such as Tedds.
- Managing a small, but busy Engineering practice.
- Conduct site visits and complete site surveys, inspections and reports.
- Take the lead on projects and conduct design reviews and checks.
- Prepare and manage project programmes and resources.
- Be proactive in Business Development.
- Work with a team of Engineers and Technicians offering support and mentorship to other staff members.
- Liaise with other Engineers, Contractors and end clients to ensure designs are completed on time and within budget.
- Mentoring others to aid the growth & development of the business.
The successful candidate will be Chartered with ICE or IStructE and have a passion for Civil / Structural Engineering. You will have demonstrable project lead experience and proven UK industry experience. You will be confident, innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered with ICE or IStructE (essential).
- Proven experience in managing technical, financial and contractual aspects of projects (essential).
- Experience in managing financial and operational aspects of an Engineering consultancy (desirable).
- Demonstrable business development skills (essential).
- Strong commercial and business acumen.
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in completing calculations, assessments, inspections and producing reports.
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator with a client facing approach.
- Site survey experience.
- Familiar with UK industry procedures, British standards and eurocodes.
- Willingness to support other team members.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
- Full driving licence.
Keywords: Civil, Structural, Civil / Structural, Robot, Ansys, Midas, Rail, Civil Engineering, Design, Steel, Reinforced concrete, Transportation, Temporary Works, Calculations, Structural Engineering, Eurocodes, Highways, Drainage, Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Roads, Management, Business Management , Site Surveys, Inspections