Location: Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Essex, Suffolk, Northamptonshire or surrounding
Do you wish to work in close partnership with a senior management team who possess a wealth of experience within the scientific industry and are recognised for their significant commercial and technical contribution to the sector?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading supplier of high quality Scientific Equipment for analytical, diagnostic and research purposes.
They are recognised as an investor in staff and provide the one to one support and training needed to progress a long term career within the organisation.
Joining the business at this stage offers the opportunity for significant career advancement and the potential to be a future manager within the company.
With the requirement for the management team to spend more time developing the European market, my client now wishes to secure a Trainee or experienced Sales Engineer to manage and develop their UK customer base.
Following the completion of your training and induction, you will be responsible for;
- Operating from my client’s office or a home office (depending on experience).
- Covering the UK, with approximately 3-4 days on the road with clients.
- Developing sales within the Academic (50%) and Industrial (50%) market.
- Selling in at Lab Technician, Analytic Chemist and Research Technician level.
- Generating and attending approximately 12 client visits per week.
- Operating in a mixed new business and account management role.
- Lead generation, qualifying and responding to enquires, conducting client presentations and product demonstrations, producing quotations and closing the sale.
- Winning business with a typical order value from £5K to £40K.
- Working to annual sales objectives and targets.
- Developing lasting relationships with customers.
Sales, product and technical training will be provided to the successful applicant.
Candidates must possess a scientific education and be ideally educated to MSC or PhD level. Degree level candidates will also be considered if they possess some past sales experience.
My client is willing to consider a trainee or experienced individual. It is essential that experienced candidates must possess past sales experience within the scientific industry and be comfortable selling to both industry and academia.
Trainee level candidates will be given full sales training and coaching from a senior management team with extensive experience within the sector.
Other key skills required include:
- Self-motivated with the drive to be successful.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels including Lab Technicians, Analytic Chemists and Research Technicians.
- IT Literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office.
- A full UK driving licence.
- The ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Resourceful with the ability to generate client appointments.