Location: Based anywhere in the UK (Ideally England)
My client is a market leader in the design and manufacture of specialist components utilised in a wide range of weighing applications from checkweighers to weighbridges.
They offer well engineered and rugged components that meet the high demands of industry and operate faultlessly within harsh environments.
Recognised globally as an expert within their field they continually invest in product innovation and have developed a brand synonymous for quality and reliability.
As the Sales Manager you will be responsible for:-
- Developing sales across the UK and Northern Europe.
- Spending approximately 1 day per week operating from a home office and the other 4 days per week out in the field.
- Managing and developing business with new (30%) and existing customers (70%).
- Forging partnerships with OEM machine manufacturers within the process weighing, check weighing and weighbridge market to name a few.
- Developing, supporting and maximising revenue via distribution partners across your territory.
- Managing a multimillion pound territory turnover.
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
- Ensuring the sales budget is achieved.
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Directors, Senior Engineers, Engineering Managers and Procurement.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base.
- Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience selling weighing components via distribution and directly to OEM’s.
This requires the successful candidate to have both the commercial ability to drive distribution sales whilst also possessing the technical, consultative approach required to secure OEM business.
Alternative backgrounds my client will consider include other sensor based technology sales experience or candidates that have proven success selling complete weighing equipment to end users.
A knowledge of weighing applications would be highly advantageous, as would a HND or Degree within a technical discipline.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Able to operate autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel in the UK & Northern Europe