Are you a Regional Sales Manager / Sales Engineer with proven experience within the sensor, measurement, or data acquisition field?
Interested in joining a business who have seen 20% year-on-year sales growth over the past 5 years?
Why This Company?
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of instrumentation and sensor based technology for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of measurement solutions to meet the high demands of the industry and pride themselves on being the premier brand within their sector. They have built a solid reputation for their outstanding service alongside their innovative and quality-driven approach.
About The Role
With the support of a back-office team the Sales Manager / Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
- Covering a region of Germany (exact territory will be defined based on the location of the successful candidate).
- Operating in a 70% farming and 30% hunting role.
- Developing long-term relationships with tier 1-3 suppliers across your territory.
- Spending approximately 75% of your time with direct customers within a specific region of Germany and 25% of your time with 2-3 European distribution partners located outside of Germany.
- Managing a multimillion-euro regional turnover.
- Operating in the Test & Measurement field and with OEMs in markets such as consumer electronics, medical and e-mobility to name a few.
- Negotiating sales contracts and agreements.
- Developing relationships with R&D Engineers, Test Engineers, Applications Engineers, Technical Managers, Purchasing, Researchers, Engineering Managers and Directors.
- Conducting technical/commercial discussions with clients to understand their needs, proposing solutions that are fit for purpose.
- Acting as the central contact between the customer and production – discussing quality, organising test samples and handling any key issues.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ technical sales experience in data acquisition, sensors, instrumentation, or other measurement based technology.
This will ideally be gained within a field sales position; however, my client is open to considering talented internal sales engineers wishing to make the transition into a field-based role or Applications Engineers wishing to move into a Technical Sales post.
A technical education in Engineering would be beneficial, but not essential.
All applicants must possess a driven and consultative sales approach and have proven success in growing territory turnover and profitability.
Other key skills include:
- Excellent communication skills at both a technical and commercial level.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
- Advanced level English and fluency in German
- German driving license
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 146-4199
Sales Manager / Sales Engineer – Sensors / Data Acquisition
Location: Based anywhere in Central, Northern or Eastern Germany
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Internal Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Sensors, Data Acquisition, Accelerometers, Mechanical Sensors, Test & Measurement, Measurement Technology, Instruments, Instrumentation, Vibration Measurement, Preventative Maintenance, Condition Monitoring, Measurement Instruments, Gauges