Are you a highly motivated technical sales professional who enjoys providing solutions to a diverse and challenging range of applications?
Looking to join a growing, forward-thinking, international company with the advantages of still being family-owned?
If so, this global business is looking for an outstanding Sales Engineer / Area Sales Manager to maintain and develop new business relationships in Scotland / Northeast of England.
Why This Company?
- A multinational is widely known for its skill in offering high-quality engineered conveyor products.
- Dedicated to delivering high-performance, customised conveyor solutions.
- Worldwide providers of tailor-made, innovative solutions, and services.
- A close-knit business with a focus on providing employees with a supportive and approachable environment.
About The Role
As a Sales Engineer, you will be operating from a home office and be responsible for covering a set territory.
There will be a focus on developing both new (30%) and existing (70%) relationships across a diverse range of industries, including the food and packaging sector.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Working in conjunction with the wider UK sales team to drive and develop direct sales across the UK.
- Achieving territory growth targets of 5% per annum.
- Developing sales of my client’s conveyor components.
- Leading and driving business generation.
- Conducting client presentations.
- Organising and attending client meetings face-to-face or virtually.
It’s essential you have gained a minimum of 3-5 years of proven technical sales experience, ideally within a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
Any experience in conveyors or conveyor components such as bearings, power transmission, Idlers, Pulleys, Rollers, Drives, or affiliated would be highly beneficial but not essential, as would a technical education.
Past success securing projects within the Food, Beverage, or Packaging industry would allow candidates to transition well into this role as would somebody with a solid understanding of the manufacturing process.
A full UK driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Genuine interest in the conveyor sector.
- A strong attitude and willingness to learn.
- A technically minded individual with the ability to understand applications and suitable solutions.
- A fantastic personality with the ability to build meaningful business relationships.
- Ability to understand and retain information relating to the technical nature of the products.
- Enthusiastic and motivated individual with a proven track record in the sales of components, consumables, or engineered equipment.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 139-1620
Job Title: Sales Engineer
Based: Scotland / Northeast of England
Covering: Scotland / Northeast of England
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Technical Sales, Solution Sales, OEM Sales, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, External Sales, Field Sales, New Business, Technical Sales Engineer, Sales Exec, Sales Executive, Key Account Manager, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Food, Beverage, Packaging, Power Transmission, Mechanical, Engineering, Conveyors, Conveyor Components, Conveyor Sales, Mechanical Engineer, Materials Handling, Food Process Equipment, Capital Equipment, MRO, Maintenance Repair Overhaul