Location: Based anywhere in Central or Northern Germany – (Mannheim / Nuremberg or North)
€80K – €90K Fixed + 10-20% Bonus + Company Car + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of instrumentation, measurement and sensor based technology for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of measurement solutions to meet the high demands of industry and pride themselves on being the premier brand within their sector. They have built a strong reputation across the industry for their outstanding service and innovative approach.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for: –
- Operating in a 70% farming and 30% hunting role
- Developing long term relationships with tier 1-3 suppliers across central and northern Germany
- Managing and developing three of the top 10 customers in Germany
- Managing a multimillion-euro regional turnover
- Negotiating sales contracts and agreements
- Developing relationships with R&D Engineers, Applications Engineers, Technical Managers, Researchers, Engineering Managers and Directors
- Conducting technical discussions with clients to understand there needs, proposing solutions which are fit for purpose
- Acting as the central contact between the client and production – discussing quality, organising test samples and handling any key issues
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ technical sales experience within data acquisition, sensor or measurement based technology.
This will ideally be gained within a field sales position; however, my client is open to consider talented internal sales engineers wishing to make the transition in to a field based role or Applications Engineers wishing to move in to a Technical Sales post.
A technical education in Engineering would be beneficial, but not essential.
All applicants must possess a driven and consultative sales approach and have proven success growing territory turnover and profitability.
Other key skills include:
- Excellent communication skills at both a technical and commercial level.
- The ability to build trusting relationships with clients.
- Advanced level English and German language skills
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Internal Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Sensors, Data Acquisition, Accelerometers, Mechanical Sensors, Test & Measurement, Measurement Technology, Instruments, Instrumentation, Vibration Measurement, Preventative Maintenance