Do you have a passion for engineering / industrial automation and enjoy operating across the Northwest Germany / Benelux region?
Why This Company?
- An established yet rapidly growing global organisation with a focus on the design, development and production of innovative industrial automation solutions.
- Financially stable and robust business.
- Extensive range of high-quality, reliable products that meet industry demands.
- Committed to increasing their market share within Europe.
- Significant investment in a brand-new demo facility in Germany.
Rewards & Benefits
- €85K – €105K Basic
- Up to 30% Bonus
- Company Car
- Under German Contract (so eligible for all standard German benefits)
About The Role
As a Technical Sales Engineer / Sales Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operating from a home office, with travel across Northwest Germany and Benelux.
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
- Understanding customer pain points in the Automotive and Food & Beverage sectors, alongside others.
- Operating across a variety of application needs from Pick ‘n’ Place, Inspection, Palletizing, loading / unloading etc.
- Conducting initial feasibility studies including reviewing customer production lines, advising on the feasibility of implementing industrial robots / cobots and discussing what line adjustments are needed to integrate the solution. (my clients’ technical department will support you with full designs)
- Operating at a strategic level, developing relationships with Factory Managers, Process Improvement Managers, Production Team Managers and the Continuous Improvement team.
- Prospecting and generating your own leads, managing your sales funnel and working toward sales growth objectives.
- Conducting post-strategy events such as seminars to build knowledge and create awareness within the target audience.
- Operating in a mixed hunting and farming role:
- 20% account management (repeat sales)
- 50% following up on inquiries that come via the distribution network. Building direct relationships with the end users to better understand the market and support the distributor to close the sale.
- 30% business development from self-driven lead generation.
The successful candidate MUST possess 7-10 years of technical sales experience within industrial automation, this could include conveyors, pick ‘n’ place, end-of-line packaging machinery, food processing equipment, robotics, or similar.
A technical engineering education is highly beneficial, as you must be comfortable holding technical discussions with Engineers.
A full driving license is needed. Other key skills include:
- Open-minded to learning new ways of working and adapting to new processes.
- Fluent German speaker with a high proficiency in English.
- Able to operate autonomously.
- Excellent technical and communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 146-3914
Sales Engineer / Sales Manager – Industrial Automation
Location: Based in Northwest Germany (Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland or Hessen)
Keywords: European Sales, International Sales, DACH Sales, Benelux Sales, End User Sales, EMEA Sales, Technical Sales, Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, EU Sales Manager, EMEA Sales, Regional Sales, Territory Sales, Area Sales, Automation, Robots, Cobots, Pick & Place, Packaging Machinery, Process Automation, Industrial Automation, Factory Automation, Production Automation, Conveyors, Materials Handling, Food Processing Equipment, Robotic Welding, XYZ, Robotics, Industrial Robots, Palletizing, De-Palletising, Automated WeldingApply