Are you a talented sales professional with proven success in the electrical industry?
Interested in a financially secure and stable employer that didn’t furlough any staff in Covid, nor did it make any redundancies?
Why This Company?
With a multimillion-pound turnover and advanced manufacturing capabilities, my client has become a leading supplier of electrical solutions for a number of key and critical applications.
Following consecutive record-breaking sales years, coupled with the explosive growth in the data centre and automated warehousing industry, my client wishes to bolster its efforts within these markets by recruiting a sector specialist to take a dedicated and focussed approach to develop sales.
About The Role
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be responsible for:
- Spending around 1-3 days per week with customers and the remaining time based from a home office.
- Forging solid relationships on new automated warehousing and data centre development projects with key decision-makers, including Electrical Design Engineers, Program Leaders, Electrical Rollout Specialists and the Heads of Electrical Deployment.
- Operating in a 75% new and 25% existing sales role.
- Acting as the UK segment leader for these markets.
- Understanding customer project needs and providing guidance and input on the best-proposed solution.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base. (Inhouse technical support team available)
- Attending industry events, exhibitions and shows.
It is essential you possess electrical sales experience; this could be within, but not limited to, automation, switchgear, power infrastructure, circuit protection, conveyors, motor control, drives, Industrial IOT, PLC’s etc.
Ideally, you will possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in an external sales role. However, my client is willing to consider Internal Sales Engineers who are ready to take that step into a field-based position.
A HNC, HND, or Degree in an Engineering discipline would be advantageous but not essential.
Other key skills needed:
- Self-motivation and comfortable with longer sales cycles associated with project-based selling
- Comfortable opening doors at design level, not just procurement
- Hunter mentality with a desire to identify new prospects
- Able to operate autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with a consultative sales approach
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to listen and prepared to learn
- Full driving license
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 129-2774
Sales Engineer / Area Sales Manager – Electrical
Location: Ideally based anywhere in England
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, Regional Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Area Sales Manager, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Design, Data Centre Design, Data Center, Project Sales, UK Sales, AC, DC, Alternating Current, Direct Current, Low Voltage, Switchgear, Automation, Power Infrastructure, Circuit Protection, Conveyors, Motor Control, Drives, Industrial IOT, PLC’s, Power Distribution, Circuit Breakers