Sales / Business Development Manager

Job details




Electrical and Power

Location: Midlands or Southern England


With a multimillion pound turnover and advanced manufacturing capabilities, my client have become a leading provider of interconnect solutions for a diverse range of industries.

In line with their growth plans, they now wish to recruit a talented and ambitious individual to join their team.


Operating from a home office you will cover the UK and be responsible for:

  • Spending the majority of your time in Southern England and the Midlands.
  • Developing sales opportunities with new and existing clients.
  • Spending approximately 75% of your time maximising sales opportunities from existing customers and the remaining 25% of your time developing new clients.
  • Contributing towards long term distributor growth objectives.
  • Developing relationships with end users and existing distributors.
  • Working with my client’s electronic distribution network to grow business from end user customers across a broad range of industries.
  • Assisting the distribution network with the objective of growing their interconnect product spend.
  • Offering input in to UK marketing campaigns targeted at the Electronics sector.


The successful candidate will possess sales experience in the connector industry and will ideally be working for a manufacturer.  My client will consider sales professionals who have worked for an electronic/electrical distributor if their sales role is biased towards interconnect products.

A technical qualification would be advantageous but not essential.  However it is essential all candidates are comfortable dealing with a broad range of industries.

Candidates will also possess the following skills,

  • Clear communication
  • Well organised
  • An enthusiastic and driven nature
  • Excellent relationship developer
  • A consultative and solutions based sales approach

View all our recently delivered

We will only contact you in relation to latest news & updates that we think will be of interest to you. We will not disclose your information to any third party and you can unsubscribe from our database at any time.