Location: Avon, South West
COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader within their fast paced transport function.
Operating within a highly successful business, you will be responsible for:
- The efficient and effective management of a regional transport team consisting of approximately 100-150 staff based across multiple sites.
- Coaching, developing and motivating the regional transport team.
- Reviewing performance of the site Transport Managers on a regular basis.
- Implementing change to enhance processes and drive efficiencies.
- Negotiating and agreeing all 3rd party haulage contracts including pricing and expectations.
- Agreeing the specification of vehicles to legally and cost effectively meet the requirements of the supply chain.
- Preparing, managing and effectively controlling an annual financial transport plan detailing the working budget.
- Effectively resolving any transport issues arising from customers, drivers or third parties to a satisfactory outcome.
- Ensuring the business operate a compliant, safe and efficient fleet.
- Achieving a profitable return on fleet assets whilst meeting customers’ requirements.
- Ensuring the fleet meets legal and manufacturers specification with regards to maintenance.
- Recommending changes in fleet configuration, size or driver numbers.
- Ensuring you promote a safety first culture across your region.
- Leading and delivering transport improvement projects.
- Ensuring your regional transport function meets business KPI’s which include: kilometres per litre, vehicle fill, vehicle utilisation, and complaint and vehicle incident reduction.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Hold a national CPC and possess a good understanding of transport related Health & Safety. (A NEBOSH or IOSH qualification would be advantageous).
- Possess proven experience as an Operational Transport / Logistics Manager managing a multisite transport team.
- Have experience dealing with external hauliers.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong leadership and management skills with the ability to implement change.
- Have a good level of transport compliance knowledge.
- Be motivated by and possess experience improving transport performance and efficiency.
- Have the ability to challenge existing methods and work under pressure.
- Be I.T literate.