Location: Avon, South West
COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader within their fast paced and expanding transport department.
Operating within a highly successful business, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and leading a team of approximately 40-50 transport staff including Drivers, Trainers, Planners etc.
- Ensuring full legal compliance with the Operators License, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Performance managing all staff to achieve their KPI’s.
- Leading and delivering transport improvement projects.
- Setting KPI’s and targets for the team.
- Providing input to the annual transport budget and ensuring it’s achieved on a monthly basis.
- Managing and developing the transport planning team to deliver fleet efficiencies whilst meeting customer needs.
- Effectively resolving any transport issues arising from customers, drivers or third parties to a satisfactory outcome.
- Analysing vehicle telematics data and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Working with the Driver Trainer to monitor individual driver performance and develop a corrective training plan for drivers that do not adhere to legislation or achieve VOSA standards.
- Ensuring the transport function meets business KPI’s which include: kilometres per litre, vehicle fill, vehicle utilisation, drivers’ hours and vehicles off road.
- Ensuring you promote a safety first culture.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Hold a national CPC.
- Possess a minimum of 3 years experience managing a transport team and have direct involvement with the management of Drivers.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Be a competent manger with the ability to implement change.
- Possess a good level of transport compliance knowledge.
- Have experience of disciplinary hearings and procedures.
- Be motivated by and possess proven success improving transport performance and efficiency.
- Understand how to best utilise planning software.
- Have the ability to challenge existing methods and operate within a high pressured environment.
Any additional qualifications such as an IOSH or NEBOSH in H&S would be beneficial but not essential.