Location: Located in the Northwest, Yorkshire or West Midlands, with travel to sites within Northern England
COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading manufacturer within their fast paced and expanding business.
Operating within a multisite role, you will be responsible for:
- Implementing a regional health & safety program.
- Advising, supporting and engaging the site leadership team on all H&S matters.
- Driving a culture change and influencing the site leadership team to ensure they allocate the appropriate time for H&S within their site.
- Delivering Health & Safety leadership training to the site management team.
- Implementing risk management programs and control measures to reduce accident rates.
- Conducting risk assessments.
- Developing safe working practices, training programs and monitoring staff to ensure they are followed.
- Ensuring all sites within your region comply with safety legislation.
- Working alongside the continuous improvement team overseeing compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policies and legislation.
- Ensuring all sites and transport activities are effectively audited for compliance with H&S policies and procedures.
- Identifying poor performance and issuing corrective instructions and support.
- Driving a safety first culture and continuous improvement in all areas of safety.
- Reporting and analysing of incidents and near misses with appropriate improvement actions.
- Liaising with brokers, insurers and staff to ensure effective risk management to minimise incidents and reduce premiums.
- Representing the company externally on matters relating to H&S issues.
- Working to H&S KPI’s such as near miss reporting, accidents, incidents etc.
The successful candidate will be a hands on H&S professional with experience within behavioral safety. We are not looking for a systems focused individual who spends a large amount of their time behind a desk, but somebody who enjoys driving H&S at a grass roots level.
The ideal candidate may have gained experience within Production / Engineering prior to their Health & Safety career.
My client is willing to consider single site H&S experience, however any experience supporting on other sites would be advantageous.
Experience working with H&S risks related to hazardous substances, CDM regulations, DSEAR, Confined Spaces and Transport would be highly advantageous.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- A minimum of 8-10 years Health & Safety experience with at least 3 years within a manufacturing business.
- The flexibility to spend 1-2 nights per week away from home. (depends on your location to my clients sites)
- A related qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH Diploma / Certificate.
- A full UK driving license and be comfortable travelling to sites within your region.
- The motivation to consistently drive Health & Safety improvements across the business.
- Auditing skills and past experience dealing with HSE officials.
- The ability to train, influence and support the site management team.
- Past experience handling risk assessments, accident investigations and reports.
- The ability to provide examples of the tangible benefits you have had on H&S, such as a reductions in accident rates, insurance premium reductions, changing employees views towards Health & Safety etc.
- Experience of successfully running awareness and safety behavioural programs.