COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leading manufacturer within their fast paced and expanding business.
Operating within a highly successful business, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the management team (Engineering, Operations etc.) are accountable for H&S and that all rules, policies and procedures are enforced.
- Ensuring employees receive the proper training on how to operate production machinery.
- Ensuring all sites within your region comply with safety legislation.
- Advising the company on all matters associated with the statutory requirements under Health & Safety Law.
- Working alongside the continuous improvement team overseeing compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policies and legislation.
- Ensuring all sites and transport activities are effectively audited for compliance with H&S policies and procedures, ultimately to ISO18001 standard.
- Identifying poor performance and issuing corrective instructions and support.
- Driving a safety first culture and continuous improvement in all areas of safety.
- Reporting and analysing of incidents and near misses with appropriate improvement actions.
- Liaising with brokers, insurers and staff to ensure effective risk management to minimise incidents and reduce premiums.
- Representing the company externally on matters relating to H&S issues.
- Managing the H&S training budget for all sites within your region.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have:-
- A minimum of 3-5 years Health & Safety experience within a manufacturing business.
- The flexibility to spend approximately 1-2 nights per week away from home.
- A related qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH Diploma in OHS.
- A full UK driving license and be comfortable travelling to sites within your region.
- Knowledge of the insurance procedure.
- The motivation to consistently drive Health & Safety improvements across the business.
- Auditing skills and past experience dealing with HSE officials.
- The ability to train, influence and manage employees.
- Past experience handling risk assessments, accident investigations and reports.
- The ability to provide examples of the tangible benefits you have had on H&S, such as a reductions in accident rates, insurance premium reductions, changing employees views towards Health & Safety etc.
- Experience of successfully running awareness and safety behavioral programs.