Location: Kendal, Cumbria
My client is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the existing Research and Development team where you will be involved in the design, development, testing and production of both bespoke and modular products within the power distribution industry. The products are used on multiple projects including Data Centre’s, Commercial and Residential developments.
Other duties will include: –
- Use of Autodesk Inventor to design and develop products
- Use Autodesk Vault for data management
- Taking products from cradle to grave being hands on with production and assembly on the production floor
- Manage all product testing and verification, as well as production
- Produce technical documents to support specifications and installations
- Liaise with external suppliers and manufacturers to identify best materials and manufacturing processes
- Work on multiple projects at any one time
- Reporting and presenting to R&D management and stakeholders
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team
The successful candidate will have a passion for Product Design and Design for Manufacture. You will be proficient in the use of Inventor and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing Mechanical or Electrical products with Inventor – SolidWorks users will be considered
- Proven experience in a Research & Development team within a manufacturing business
- Demonstrable experience of design, testing, production and assembly
- Experience with a variety of manufacturing technologies such as sheet metal production, moulding and casting
- Experienced in using Autodesk Vault (desirable)
- Have knowledge of Electrical Engineering and electrical products with the ability to read and create schematics
- Be technically minded and have a methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: R&D, Research & Development, Testing, Production, Assembly, Moulding, Casting, Control Systems, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Design Engineering, Inventor, Vault, Design for Manufacture, DFMA, Design, Electrical Design, 3D Design, Product Design, Sheet Metal, Electrical Interaction, Transformers