Job Ref: 112-0074
Location: South Manchester
My client is a market leading manufacturer who have been supplying their customers with products for over 60 years. They supply an array of business across a number of industries such as Oil & Gas, Automotive and Aerospace.
Recognised for their quality and innovation, they have become the go to manufacturer for complex machined components and are a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the existing Quality team, reporting into the Quality Manager, where you will be involved in the inspection, testing and performing root cause analysis on a variety of products. This is an opportunity to progress as you will be given the training and exposure on inspecting, with a view to taking on more responsibilities within the Quality Control Inspector role.
Other duties will include:
- Work closely with the Production Manager to develop and implement quality control checks.
- Perform inspection and testing duties ensuring all manufactured goods meet customer requirements.
- Be proactive in reducing customer rejects.
- Conduct inspections throughout all stages of manufacturing including first article, in process and final inspections.
- Initiate non conformance reports as required.
- Document and report inspection findings and results and, monitors corrective actions to inspection findings.
- Perform accurate mechanical, physical, and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
- Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
- Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
- Conduct various tests and quality checks on finished products. Ensure that all products have been tested and fall within standards, measured to specifications and within tolerances, readability of labels, etc.
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team.
The successful candidate will have a passion for Manufacturing and Production. You will be experienced in continuous improvement within a busy manufacturing business and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in quality assurance and manufacturing/production engineering, ideally within a coating environment (paint, powder, polymer etc).
- Ability to use basic measurement tools such as callipers, micrometres, thread gauges etc.
- Knowledge of ISO9001, AS9100 and/or ISO13485.
- Have proven continuous improvement and root cause analysis experience.
- Experience in liaising with production teams and other engineering design teams.
- Ability to read drawings and review technical documents and procedures.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator.
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality.
Keywords: Mechanical, Paint, Coatings, Powder, Plastic, Manufacture, Manufacturing, Production, Assembly, Sheet Metal, Quality, QA, QE, QC, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineer, Inspection, Testing, ISO9001, ISO13485, AS9100, Root Cause, Polymers