Location: Kendal, Cumbria
£35K – £45K Basic + Pension + Holidays (rising with service) + Public Holidays + Company bonus (based on company performance) + Benefits
My client is a market leading provider of electrical engineering technology used across a diverse range of commercial and industrial facilities.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design, manufacture and installation services they have become a key provider to clients across the globe.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within the SHEQ team, where you will be involved in the improvement of processes and both bespoke and modular products, within the power distribution industry. The products are used on multiple projects including Data Centre’s, Commercial and Industrial.
Other duties will include: –
- Work closely with the Production manager to develop and implement quality control checks
- Liaise with relevant managers and identify skills gaps within the production, assembly and design teams, in order to retrain and prevent further issues
- Identify problem areas within the production process and develop and implement continues improvement initiatives
- Have an input in setting up and implementing a metrics system to measure operational performance
- Take a lead role within the department to push standards and drive the department forward
- Liaising and coordinating with clients, the other designers, contractors and the production team
The successful candidate will have a passion for Manufacturing and Production. You will be experienced in continuous improvement within a busy manufacturing business and be innovative offering solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in quality assurance and manufacturing/production engineering
- Experience in APQP/PPAP or similar
- Have proven continuous improvement experience
- Experience in liaising with production teams and other engineering design teams
- Have a general understanding of Mechanical Engineering in order to help communicate with other services
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- An enthusiastic and professional communicator
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacture, Manufacturing, Production, Assembly, Sheet Metal, Quality, QA, QE, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineer, SHEQ, APQP, PPAP, QMS,