Job Ref: 113-5258
Location: Lancaster, Lancashire
£40K – £45K Basic + Bonus + Enhanced Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Healthcare + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design and installation of sterile and controlled environments. They are now the principal contractor on various projects, for a variety of clients and industries across the globe.
Recognised for their ability to offer complete end to end design and build services, they have become a key provider to clients worldwide within the Automotive, Healthcare and Subsea sectors.
My client is currently in a period of steady growth and this is an opportunity for you to develop and progress professionally with a hugely successful, well-established organisation who have a history of promoting from within. If you are looking to work for a stable, award winning organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This is a key appointment within the major construction team and will report directly into the Head of Projects. The position has been created due to multiple project wins. You will be responsible for creating and managing effective and efficient planning deliverables from contract award to handover. Projects will be delivered to defined standards and expectations and quality is paramount.
Other duties will include: –
- Plan for the delivery of major construction projects from initial award to handover
- Work alongside and support various departments such as procurement, estimating and sales, to provide the most effective and efficient solution to clients
- Provide regular updates and feedback throughout the installation process highlighting progress, TRAs, lags and critical path analysis
- Work closely with Engineering, Design and Installation teams
- Use knowledge and experience within the construction industry to help drive the business forward
- Manage customer expectations and provide updates and progress reports when required
- Support the Project team in impacting contract entitlements into the plan
- Manage installation of projects to ensure installation is within agreed time frame
- Ensure work is planned to maximise cost efficiencies
- Effectively plan the required labour and allocate resource to different projects
- Manage multiple projects at any one time
- Be innovative and offer solutions and ideas
- Attend and schedule regular phase reviews, particularly on larger projects, to assess customer needs and amend solutions as required
The successful candidate will have a solid background in Project Planning within the construction industry. You will have planned and delivered a variety of large, new build projects, ideally up to the value of £10 million. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- Minimum of 5 years working in a similar role
- Experience in working in the major construction, engineering and design & build industry
- Prince 2 Project Management, APMP qualification or similar
- Experienced in liaising with project operation teams such as design, project management and technical sales
- Extensive experience in labour planning, forecasting and managing multiple projects at any one time
- Be solutions focussed and have a proactive attitude
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
- Committed to self-development and desire to progress through your career
- Willingness to share knowledge and ideas
- Well organised, self-motivated and approachable personality
Keywords: Planner, Planning, Project Planner, Construction, Major projects, Building Services, HVAC, Installation, TRAs, APMP, lags, Critical Path Analysis, Design & Build, Engineering, Building Systems, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Cleanrooms, Clean rooms, Sterile environments, Contamination control