Location: Midlands (Remote / Field based)
My client is a market leading process equipment manufacturer, who design, manufacture, install and commission equipment within the FMCG industry. The company have been established for over 25 years and now work with a some of the most well-known brands across the UK.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are in a continued period of growth and invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
This position sits within a newly created division in the company where you will be involved in the full life cycle of projects. Reporting into the Technical Director you will work alongside the design, installation and commissioning teams and be involved in projects across the UK. These will include design, Installation and commissioning of bespoke equipment including full new build and upgrades to existing equipment.
This role will be based remotely following an initial induction period and will involve travel to client sites, you must be prepared to travel weekly. When not on site you can be based from home.
Duties will include:
- Provide technical expertise on design of bespoke systems for customer projects.
- Travel to customer sites to assist and advise on the installation and commissioning of equipment.
- Work with the design team to oversee and lead projects from cradle to grave.
- Prepare documentation to ensure DSEAR compliance and associated regulations, such as ATEX directive.
- Provide design calculations to ensure correct airflow on equipment.
- Remain knowledgeable of competitors and their processes.
- Provide technical advice to team members, external contractors and customers.
- Support with health and safety procedures & guidelines
The successful candidate will have a passion for Engineering and offering solution. You will have previous experience of working within a Process / Project Engineer role and a strong background in project management and reducing risk.
Key skills include:
- Strong knowledge of DSEAR / ATEX Compliance.
- Solid understanding of risk assessment and risk reduction.
- Experience of checking 2D and 3D CAD drawings
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- Solid Project Management experience.
- Ability work under pressure to complete and prioritise workload.
- Ability to adapt to new challenges.
- Determined, motivated and ambitious attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work to a strict time scale and be decisive.
- UK driving licence, own vehicle and willingness to travel extensively.
Keywords: Process Engineer, Process Engineering, Process, Process Design, Process Design Engineer, Process Design Engineering, Process Plant, Process Plant Design, Project Engineer, Project Engineering, Commissioning Engineer, Commissioning, Installation, Documentation, DSEAR, ATEX, Design, Industrial, Compliance, CAD, AutoCAD, 3D, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Consulting Engineer, HVAC, Ventilation, Pressure Vessel, Vessel, Vessels.