Location: South Wales
Shifts: 6am till 2pm, 2pm till 10pm and 10pm till 6am (5 Days per week, shifts rotating weekly) – Includes working one in three Saturdays.
COMPANY / POSITION
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader within their fast paced production site.
As a Maintenance / Shift Technician you will report to the Engineering Supervisor and be responsible for:
- Reactive and preventative maintenance across the site.
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime by carrying out routine maintenance and inspections.
- Completing plant and equipment fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance to enable the plant to operate safely and efficiently.
- Assisting any contractors on site in routine servicing, maintenance and installations.
- Ensuring any spares used are documented so replacements can be sourced.
- Ensuring all equipment is safely isolated for colleagues to conduct cleaning and inspections.
- Supporting a wide range of equipment including – steam generators, boilers, conveyors, bucket elevators, PLC Controlled equipment, motors, pumps etc…
- Supporting with plant upgrade projects.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Have a mix of both Mechanical and Electrical experience (bias in either area).
- Be self-motivated and able to work both day and night shifts.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a hands on Maintenance Engineer / Technician. (Ex-military Technicians are also encouraged to apply.
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Be physically fit and be comfortable working at heights.
Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications including 17th Edition are beneficial but not essential, as my client is willing to support somebody through their training.