Are you a talented OEM sales professional with proven success developing sales within sectors such as consumer electronics?
Ready for a new challenge? This specialist high-precision component manufacturer is well recognised for providing technology to some of the world’s leading equipment manufacturers. With a desire to further develop their offering within the consumer electronics field, they now seek a sector specialist to take ownership of this market segment within Europe.
Why This Company?
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of high-precision, components for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of bespoke solutions to meet the high demands of OEM clients. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their market and have built a strong reputation for innovation and reliability.
They now seek an OEM Sales Manager (based anywhere in the UK – ideally Midlands or South) who would relish the opportunity to become the sector specialist and take ownership in developing my clients’ consumer electronics offering.
Rewards & Benefits
- £55K – £65K Basic Salary (Starting salary dependent on experience)
- Up to 40% Bonus
- Company Car
- 8% Pension
- 4 x Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays (rising with service)
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of EMEA Sales you will be responsible for:
- Operating from a home office with international travel across Europe.
- Attending industry events, exhibitions, and shows.
- Developing “design in” solutions for OEMs operating within the consumer electronics field such as Fitness Equipment, Electric Bike, and Home Appliance manufacturers.
- Starting in a new business sales role, developing a healthy funnel of short, medium and long-term projects.
- Based on your success in developing new relationships the role will become a mix between new business generation and key account management.
- Working to a typical sales cycle from 6 to 18 months.
- Overseeing the complete project from concept to production, including identifying and qualifying specific applications, collecting client requirements, proposing a suitable solution, gaining customer approval, prototype evaluation, pre-scale production through to full production.
- Selling to R&D departments with the end objective of developing a multimillion-pound territory.
- Working towards 3 and 5-year growth objectives.
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Engineering Managers, Project Managers, Procurement Managers and Directors.
- Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions.
- Leading new development projects by becoming the liaison between my client’s technical engineering / R&D function and the OEM client.
- Negotiating contracts and securing OEM business.
- Working with the customer and production to organise and run prototype testing.
You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience selling standard and bespoke “design in” components or solutions to OEMs within the consumer electronics or domestic appliance market.
A HND or Degree within a technical discipline would be highly advantageous, but not essential.
Other key skills required:
- Hunter mentality with the drive and determination to support in developing this dedicated new division.
- Valid driving license.
- Able to operate autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 148-5663
OEM Sales Manager – Consumer Electronics
Location: Based anywhere in the UK (Ideally Midlands or South)
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, OEM Sales, Regional Sales Manager, Export Sales, European Sales, International Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Area Sales Manager, Consumer Electronics, Home Appliances, E-Bikes, Fitness Equipment, Consumer Goods, Whitegoods, Sales Specialist, Sales Consultant