Location: Based anywhere in the Midlands (UK Travel Required)
COMPANY / POSITION
Are you driven by improving National Logistics/Transport efficiency through continuous improvement? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business who is dedicated to delivering customer satisfaction.
This is a key role within our clients operation and one that carries the responsibility of a number of key areas including;
- Developing and setting a long term UK Logistics strategy.
- The efficient and effective management of all UK inbound and outbound logistics activities which currently consist of over 400 direct/indirect employees.
- Defining and implementing a national planning system that will drive least cost routing, whilst ensuring deliveries are on time and in full.
- Ensuring the business operate a compliant, safe and efficient fleet.
- Attending senior management meetings.
- Travelling to other UK sites, spending approximately 1-2 nights away from home per week.
- Reducing waste and costs whilst improving efficiency and performance of the Logistics operation.
- Achieving year on year Logistics efficiency improvements including fleet optimisation and utilisation. (OTIF, Cost per vehicle per day, vehicle utilisation, accident reduction)
- Ensuring service level KPI’s are met in the most cost effective manner.
- Developing a motivated and successful logistics team, ensuring all members are fully trained on road transport and H&S legislation.
- Managing a multimillion pound UK logistics budget.
- Providing monthly forecasts.
- Agreeing and negotiating 3rd party haulage contracts, rates and expectations.
- Driving a safety first culture across the logistics and transport function.
- Championing site risk assessments and hazard evaluations.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST:-
- Hold a degree (minimum) within Business, Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or affiliated.
- Hold a national CPC and ideally a NEBOSH or IOSH in H&S.
- Possess proven experience managing a large national/regional Logistics function.
- Have experience dealing with external hauliers.
- Have excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong leadership and management skills with the ability to implement change.
- Be able to demonstrate the tangible benefits you have had on a Logistics function. (Cost savings, optimisation improvements etc.)