Location: Home Based, anywhere in England
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of electromechanical solutions utilised across a wide range of industry sectors.
With product introductions for the smart manufacturing sector they have become recognised for their innovative solutions and dynamic approach.
They now wish to recruit a competent National Sales Manager to manage, lead and develop the team in to new markets.
As the National Sales Manager you will be responsible for:-
- Effectively managing, motivating and developing a team of Area Sales Managers across the UK.
- Supporting the sales team to identify and target new customers and market applications.
- Working closely with the Internal Sales and Marketing function.
- Supporting the sales team on joint customer visits.
- Managing and growing a multimillion pound turnover.
- Developing a short, medium and long term sales strategy to develop sales and improve market share.
- Collaborating with Design, Production, Engineering and Customer Services to ensure the business consistently exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensuring both direct customers and distribution partners are receiving the support required.
- Providing the effective leadership, training and support needed to develop UK sales in line with turnover and profit growth targets.
- Preparing and delivering to annual budgets and sales forecasts.
- Chairing UK sales meetings.
- Conducting staff recruitment, training, coaching, mentoring, annual appraisals and disciplinary action.
- Attending industry exhibitions and events.
- Ensuring the sales team respond to enquiries in a prompt manner.
- Reporting on business performance against objective.
To be considered for opening, the successful candidate MUST possess a minimum of 3-4 years proven experience managing and developing a sales team.
The ideal candidate will have experience working for a business that are active within Smart Manufacturing, IOT or Industry 4.0 technology, this could include but not limited to sensors, industrial automation, industrial computing or affiliated.
Other key skills include:
- Strategic thinking
- Able to operate autonomously
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Excellent presentation and communication skills