- A highly successful and market leading manufacturing business.
- An organisation driven by improvement.
- A business recognised for their investment in training and development.
As a Maintenance Engineer / Technician you will be responsible for:
- Reactive and preventative maintenance across the site.
- Ensuring equipment is well maintained to ensure maximum uptime by carrying out routine maintenance and inspections.
- Completing both mechanical and electrical plant and equipment fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance to enable the plant to operate safely and efficiently.
- Assisting any contractors on site in routine servicing, maintenance and installations.
- Ensuring any spares used are documented so replacements can be sourced.
- Ensuring all equipment is safely isolated for colleagues to conduct cleaning and inspections.
- Supporting a wide range of equipment including – conveyors, robotics etc.
- Supporting with plant upgrade and continuous improvement projects.
- Handling emergency breakdowns by diagnosing equipment faults and resolving issues in a fast and efficient manner.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, you MUST have past experience as a maintenance engineer / technician and possess both electrical and mechanical skills.
A bias in either area will be considered, however candidates must have excellent communication and organisation skills, be physically fit and be keen to develop a long-term career.
A time served apprenticeship or Electrical Engineering qualification such as 16th/17th Edition or NVQ Level 2 or 3 would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
Although previous experience within manufacturing or production would be advantageous, my client is willing to consider Engineers and Technicians from other sectors such as Military or Rail.
Other key skills include:-
- The capability to diagnose technical issues.
- A drive for improvement.
- Preventative and reactive maintenance experience.