Are you an Applications Scientist or Product Specialist, looking to break into Product Management?
Job Ref: 122-5967
Location: North London, Hertfordshire or surrounding
(WFH: Opportunity to work 2-3 days pw remotely, moving to 4 days pw after 3-6 months)
£30K – £35K Basic + 10% Bonus + 10% Pension (after qualifying period) + 4 x Life + Travel Expenses + 25 Days Holiday + Public Holidays + Benefits
Full training provided.
My client is a progressive organisation, driven by innovation and change. Operating internationally, they are well regarded within their sector for their design, development and manufacture of customised equipment and technology used across a diverse range of industries. As an industry innovator they have continually challenged the boundaries of technology to provide high specification systems, that meet the demands of their scientific customers.
They now wish to recruit a Junior Product Manager to provide support to the Product Management team.
Operating within the Product Management team, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the product managers in the standardisation of my clients product portfolio, allowing the sales team to provide quicker and more accurate quotes to clients.
- Providing product management support across my client’s complete range of equipment, software and service offerings.
- Supplying the commercial team with the product knowledge and tools needed to effectively promote my client’s portfolio.
- Product lifecycle management (post launch)
- Supporting on new product introductions (NPI)
- Ensuring new product features are effectively communicated internally
- Conducting market research, gathering quantitative product data and analysing customer research to help the product managers work more effectively and efficiently.
- Gaining customer feedback on proposed and launched products to aid future development and improvement.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree or master’s level within a Scientific discipline, including, but not limited to chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, biological sciences or physics.
Alongside your education, we require a minimum of 6-12 months experience within industry, this would ideally be within an Applications Scientist, Applications Specialist, Product Specialist, Technical Support or a Product Support position with a scientific equipment manufacturer.
Other key skills required:
- A customer focussed agenda with an eagerness to put customers first
- Process minded
- Fantastic prioritisation skills
- The ability to forge solid working relationships with both Technical and Commercial individuals within the business.
- Resilient nature with the ability to overcome obstacles
- A highly organised planner, with strong attention to detail skills.
- A positive attitude with the desire to learn.
- Open minded to UK and international travel (restrictions permitted)
Keywords: Junior Product Manager, Trainee Product Manager, Product Management, Product Marketing Manager, Product Marketing Management, NPI, New Product Introduction, Associate Product Manager, Product Launch, Product Development, Product Innovation, Product Marketing, Scientific Equipment, Applications Scientist, Customer Support, Technical Support, Applications Specialist, Product SpecialistApply