Location: West Yorkshire
My client is a market leading manufacturer with a multimillion pound turnover and sites across the globe. They have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
In line with their growth plans they now wish to recruit an IT Support Manager with a hands on approach to technical support.
As an IT Support Manager you will report to the IT Director and be responsible for:
- Operating in a 10% managerial and 90% hands on support role.
- Working within a matrix structure and managing the European IT function consisting of two IT Support Engineers in the UK / Europe.
- Overseeing the internal information technology function including all systems, applications, networks and computer operations in line with current and future IT goals.
- Managing business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
- Managing contractors that provide 3rd party development and support services.
- Supporting approximately 300 staff over 10 sites within Europe, including remote workers.
- A European IT & Telecommunications budget of around £700K.
- Hands on support of Windows Servers, Desktops & Laptops.
- Ensuring all critical system updates are applied.
- Completing user requests for added functionality and amendments to the ERP software. (Epicor)
- Project managing and taking a hands on role for the upgrade of all desktops to Windows 10 & Office 2016.
- Project managing the migration to a new ERP system. (QAD)
- Spending approximately 10% of your time travelling to other European locations.
The ideal candidate will possess a degree within an IT or related discipline and have over 10 years experience working within the industry, with a minimum of 3 years leading and managing a team.
It is essential all candidates still retain a hands on approach to IT support and possess past experience providing support for ERP software.
Any experience working within a matrix structure or within a European or Global business would be highly advantageous.
It is critical all applicants possess excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels.