Job Ref: 113-2320
Location: Wigan, Greater Manchester
My client is a market leading engineering business who supply equipment and services into a variety of industries such as rail, construction and commercial. They are currently in a continued period of growth and are committed to the training and development of their staff.
The business is recognised for their ability to offer a bespoke service and have become a key supplier to a number of the country’s largest companies.
If you are looking to work for a well-established organisation, who are invested in the training and development of their staff, then please apply.
You will report into the IT Manager and work alongside intelligent Engineers in a collaborative environment providing frontline support for an extremely busy, nationwide business who rely heavily on their IT systems.
This role provides you opportunity to further develop your skills and experience and progress your career as you will receive training and gain experience in 2nd and 3rd line support.
Other duties will include:
- Provide hands on, frontline support for numerous offices across the business
- Complete full IT system installations, updates and upgrades. Typically, PC’s/Laptops, printers, mobile devices, Anti-Virus and wireless connections
- Troubleshoot issues and technical faults, complete repairs when required
- Deal with server-based issues, training for which will be provided
- Help complete IT desk and office moves when required
- Complete daily schedule to ensure systems are running smoothly and remain secure
- Maintain IT support documentation
- Manage software licensing
The successful candidate will have a technical mind and be experienced in working with Windows systems. You will be innovative and offer solutions and ideas.
Other key skills include:
- IT related qualification
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft operating systems
- Minimum 18 months experience in similar role
- Understanding of Windows servers (desirable)
- Experience in setting up VOIP phone systems
- Knowledge of Active Directory, back up systems and Hyper V environments
- A full, clean driving licence
- Understanding of PC hardware set up
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking
Keywords: IT, Information Technology Support, IT Support, Support, Information Technology, Windows, TCP, IP, Hyper V, Active Directory, Exchange, Server, Hardware, Software, Microsoft, PC, Anti-Virus, Backups, Asset Management, VOIP