Do you have a passion for learning and enjoy a well-balanced role that allows you to get involved with a variety of IT duties and tasks?
Recognised for their investment in staff development, they now seek an additional member to join their IT team in Kendal.
Why This Company?
My client is a market-leading and financially secure business with a presence in over 30 countries across the globe.
With a real drive to develop internal talent, they have become recognised for their training, development and career advancement prospects.
With a friendly and sociable team, they have developed a fantastic culture of support and collaboration, which has led to industry-leading staff retention rates.
About The Role
You will report to the IT Manager and work alongside intelligent engineers in a collaborative environment providing frontline support for an extremely busy, global business that relies heavily on its IT systems.
On rare occasions, the role will involve travel to different sites in the Cumbria area, for which a pool car is supplied if you don’t own a vehicle.
Other duties will include:
- Provide hands-on, frontline IT support for numerous offices across the business.
- Complete full IT system installations, updates and upgrades. Typically, PC’s/Laptops, printers, mobile devices, Anti-Virus and wireless connections.
- Troubleshoot issues and technical faults, complete repairs when required.
- Deal with server-based issues, training for which will be provided.
- Help complete IT desk and office moves when required.
- Complete daily schedule to ensure systems are running smoothly and remain secure.
- Maintain IT support documentation.
- Manage software licensing.
The successful candidate will have a technical mindset and a logical approach to problem-solving. You will ideally have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a busy IT Support department; however, my client is willing to consider a recent I.T college or university graduate wishing to secure their first role in the industry.
Other key skills include:
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, and virtualised environments would be beneficial.
- Full driving licence.
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
Interested in this role? Here’s what happens next…
Click the apply button below to send us your CV. If we think you’re a great fit for this role, we’ll be in touch in the next couple of days.
Thank you for taking the time to read about this opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you,
Job Ref: 132-5942
IT Support Engineer / Technician
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Keywords: IT Support, I.T Technician, IT Engineer, ICT Technician, ICT Support, ICT Engineer, Information Technology Support, Desktop Support, Windows Engineer, Windows Support, 1st Line Support, 2nd Line Support, Software Support, Hardware Support, Windows 10, TCP/IP, Networks, Virtualised Servers, Hyper V, VMWare, Active Directory, Exchange, Server, Microsoft, PC Upgrades, Anti-Virus, Backups, Fault Finding, System Upgrades, Diagnosing, Infrastructure Support, IT Infrastructure, Infrastructure Engineer.