Location: Bradford, West Yorkshire
My client is a market leader with a multimillion pound turnover and sites across the globe. They have developed a strong brand identity and a solid reputation for delivering innovative, high quality and reliable solutions to the market.
In line with their growth plans they now wish to recruit an IT Administrator with a hands on approach to technical support.
As an IT Administrator you will report to the IT Manager (based off site) and be responsible for:
- Operating in a standalone support role.
- Providing IT support and assistance to office based staff and remote workers within the UK & Europe, including the use of remote access tools.
- Completing user requests for added functionality and amendments to the ERP software. (Epicor Vantage)
- Interacting with employees at all levels to resolve IT related issues within a timely manner.
- Operating in a virtual server environment using software such as VMWare.
- Setting up new Desktop/Laptop systems.
- Administering remote Servers.
- Creating new user accounts and mailboxes on Active Directory and Exchange Server 2010.
- Fault finding, diagnosing and resolving both hardware and software issues.
- Handling support enquiries through to resolution.
- Managing local LAN issues.
- Inducting new starters on the companies IT policies.
- Managing and administrating the local file server and VEEAM backup system.
- Ensuring all critical system updates are applied.
- Taking a hands approach to upgrading all desktops to Windows 10 & Office 2016.
- Playing an active role in the migration to a new ERP system.
- Liaising with 3rd party support providers on PBX/Telecoms issues and major ERP issues.
- Providing support on the SQL database system.
- Travelling to other offices when needed (UK & Europe)
The successful candidate MUST have proven experience operating in a virtual environment and be comfortable using VMWare.
A degree within an IT discipline or MCSM / MCSA qualifications would be highly beneficial, as would experience with ERP migrations or supporting users of Epicor ERP or Crystal Reports.
It is essential all candidates still retain a hands on approach to IT support and possess past experience providing Active Directory and Exchange administration, along with supporting Windows based Desktop/Laptop users.
It is critical all applicants possess excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise confidentially at all levels of the business.